Hi all,
I am about to build the SATOSA directly from the official Github
repository: https://github.com/IdentityPython/SATOSA
though, I found some files are missing: the whole "docker/" directory which
contains setup.py and start.py.
I reviewed earlier releases and found that this directory and its content
are there up to version with tag "v8.1.1" (
https://github.com/IdentityPython/SATOSA/tree/v8.1.1) and disappeared
after that.
1. Can I rely on the latest version of the directory "docker/" and build it
with the branch "master"?
2. Has the structure changed? I mean if I added them, would they work as
expected?
3. Even though I have tried it (I believe it was version with tag
"v6.1.0"). It was working, but at some point it does not release the SAML
Response back from the SATOSA IdP to the SP (Shibboleth-SP). instead I got
an error message like this:
> opensaml::FatalProfileException The system encountered an error
> The system encountered an error at Wed May 14 05:07:24 2025 To report
> this problem, please contact the site administrator at root@localhost. Please
> include the following message in any email:
> opensaml::FatalProfileException at (
> opensaml::FatalProfileException at (
> http://192.168.4.210/Shibboleth.sso/SAML2/POST) SAML response reported an
> IdP error. Error from identity provider: Status:
> urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:status:Responder Sub-Status:
> urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:status:AuthnFailed Message: Authentication
> failed. Error id [urn:uuid:635a5f85-9320-4f79-81bb-799656cc9d6b] SAML
> response reported an IdP error. Error from identity provider: Status:
> urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:status:Responder
> Sub-Status: urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:status:AuthnFailed
> Message: Authentication failed. Error id
> [urn:uuid:635a5f85-9320-4f79-81bb-799656cc9d6b]
The error occurs at the first time (after clearing the caches, or just
opening the browser), but later, if I re-opened the browser, it works
normally. and that makes me think if it has something to do with that
"docker/" directory being outdated. I reviewed the codes in "setup.sh",
"start.sh" and could not tell if there is incompatibility with branch
"master".
I am looking for your guidance.
Thank you.
Best regards,
Abubakur Sait
Hi all,
Following up on the Town Hall we held on June 17 (thank you to the 20+ of
you who joined — recording, slides, and notes are here
<https://github.com/IdentityPython/Meetings/tree/de0977c302ec7bf8b6086ecdd65…>
if you missed it), the technical group formally re-kicked off on June 26,
and we now have the beginnings of a plan for the rest of the year.
Who's at the table
Representatives from RDCT, NCSA/CILogon, Signatura, RENU, SUNET, and others
joined the re-kickoff, bringing both core-maintainer and
production-operator perspective on SaToSa and the other tools under the
Identity Python Project.
What we accomplished
The group agreed on a work plan
<https://github.com/IdentityPython/Meetings/tree/de0977c302ec7bf8b6086ecdd65…>
for the next six months, organized around three workstreams:
-
Governance & Maintainer Model — a contributor ladder, documented release
and vulnerability-reporting processes, automated release/SBOM practices.
-
Fork Review & Integration Roadmap — cataloging known forks (thanks to
those who shared your own at the Town Hall!) and prioritizing security
fixes and integration.
-
Documentation Roadmap — easier deployment guidance, better onboarding
docs, automated doc publishing tied to releases.
Full notes: Re-Kickoff Notes
<https://github.com/IdentityPython/Meetings/tree/de0977c302ec7bf8b6086ecdd65…>
.
How to join
This work is only as good as the people contributing to it. If you'd like
to participate in one of the three workstreams above, reply to this email
or reach out to me directly, and I'll add you to the relevant group and
calendar invites.
Thanks for sticking with this project — the energy from the Town Hall
carried straight into the re-kickoff, and we're glad to have you along for
the next stretch.
Best, Laura